It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Thursday 23 September 2010

T-storm alarms!

Yesterday was my first day of classes, the first one I had was sort of in a classroom with maybe 30 people. Thats a class where class participation counts towards your grade. It only lasted half an hour sicne it was an intro lesson so I came back home. And just before I left the house to go back out to my 5.30 class the wind came along with rain and the storm warning alarms were sounding outside. I was going to go for the bus but Mandi wouldn't let me and insisted she drive me into campus. When I got into the building where my lecture was they were sending everyone down to the basement level scary stuff! But it was just as a precaution since the alarms were sounding and we only stayed there about 15 mins or so. In that lecture it was more like what I'm used to, was a lot bigger and just listening to the guy speak. But a register is passed around so its mandatory to attend. No class participation in that though, its just all class tests etc. The rest of the evening was much calmer so weird.


Today I just had one class, so thats me had everything once now. Today it was more classroom style again and a lot of the grade is from class particpation, group presentations and get 3 surprise tests throughout the term with one we know about at teh end so going to have to make sure I know my stuff before each class just in case! Hottest day yet since I've been here - about 33-34C in the afternoon, complete opposite of yesterday. Grey's Anatomy started here tonight :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home