It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Saturday 18 September 2010

17/9/10

One week down - 12 to go!
Can't believe how quickly a week has gone by though and once classes start they are sure to just fly by the weeks.
There was another event for international students up at campus again, this time a party outside with music, wee talent show, pizza and most importantly sun! My friend Diana who is from Sweden picked me up and we went together but didn't know anyone else really and felt too scared to go up and start talking to others who looked like they were European. But she overheard another girl speaking in Swedish so that was an icebreaker to go speak to the table and it turned out a lot sitting at the table were here doing Business too. And then the business exchange coordinator, Roman, who has organised emails and stuff to everyone before we got here was there and gathered all the Fisher students to say their name and where they are from. There are people from Italy, Norway, Denmark, Mexico, Hong Kong. A lot are only here for one quarter until decemeber but I think exchange students arrive each quarter so a few more will arrive in January time.
Afterwards, Diana chummed me to a BBQ at the girls house who I've been paired up with to show me around at the business school so we sat outside on their porch eating hot dogs and drinking beer :) Then I chummed Diana along to one of her friends houses for some more beer and  since they were all 21 they were heading out after but Sam picked me up and we went to the Dental Frat party where beer was help yourself on the tap but was hte cheapest of cheap stuff! The beer here I don't mind drinking when its super cold, it's not as strong as the beers served back home ( I think). Almost had my first shot of beer pong but sadly when we came back to the table everyone had gone so I think the girls are going to teach me here at the house one time since there is a table tennis table down in the basement! I'll be a pro in no time! Everyone I've met though are really friendly and want to know about the UK since a lot haven't been there. Someone also picked up on me saying 'wee while' and thought that was funny saying 'wee' so i'll need to teach them some more scottish words! Told them if they think I have an accent, they should listen to a nid speaking and try understand them...think I should show them The Scheme ahahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home