It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Monday 20 September 2010

Lots and lots of free stuff

I had a meeting at 10am today at campus for all 49 business exchange students the majority this time being from Europe. We got more leaflets and another chance to meet our classmates. Met a guy who was from Manchester Uni and someone who was from Rep Ireland. All the international students seem keen to organise events together so hopefully we will all go check out a sports game or something. I am however one of the few that are still 20 :( I feel so young. Our exchange coordinator Roman is really friendly and super enthusiastic which is a good thing. He's planning other events to get us all together and has told us if there is anything we want to do he can try organise that so we get to see everything we want to while we are here. We got a nice free lunch then I headed to the post office to send letters home :) Met Sam to go to the Oval (a big grass area where there's a red path running right through the middle that has the story that if you walk all the way down that holding hands with your 'lovaaar' and no one crosses your path you're destined for each other!) But anyways there was a huuuge sports and clubs fair going on to let know everyone whats on offer. And each table was handing out something so managed to accumulate 2 tshirts, highlighter, toothbrush, lip balm, water cooler, cup, eraser, sweets and a christian CD! We went along to see Hayley who was promoting at the competitive cheerleading spot. Since it was so mad we didn't spend too long there. Sam had an interview up at a place called 'The Pub' which is meant to resemble a British pub kind of place with similar foods. It was at Polaris Shopping Centre so I went along with her to go to the shops whilst she was at that. Bought 2 tshirts in the sale at Hollister for $12....thats about £4 each! Had a weird encounter with a woman in Sephora...she followed me to the same spot I went to in the store and I was aware someone hovering behind what I was looking at so thought that was weird but I'll just go look somewhere else just now and said Excuse me to get past her and she just sort of moved in front of me again whenever I moved I was like ehhh. Then she was right in my face and said 'excuse me' really loudly...what a crazy! left promptly after that! Visited some more shops, Target again to get me a kettle so I can make my coffee in the mornings :) and then finally Kroger before heading home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home