It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Sunday 19 September 2010

18/9/10

Ohio Buckeyes were playing Ohio University at home today...just to set it clear there is Ohio State University (OSU) where i go - the buckeyes! and then there is Ohio University (OU) about an hours drive away...easy mistake to make as Kieran made when he was looking at the wrong place online to see where I was! I got a bus down to campus to meet my friend at a house that was having a small party to watch the game. It was quite a boring game since we were winning 40-0 but think the final score was something like 43-7. There is a place on campus that sells OSU merchandise and the sunday after each game that OSU win, they offer discount in their store by how many points we won by. So next time they have a big win like 40+ I'll head there to do my xmas shopping for everyones tshirts haha get 40% off!
After watching the game, my mission was to buy a phone so Diana took me to Target ( this place is ammmazing we definitely need one of these...its like walmart and woolworths all in one but so much better) took a step backwards and got a non touch screen phone with a flip screen but it was the cheapest going. Got a hairdryer too as my one from home would just blow the house up with the voltage difference. Alsssoo 6cents for pads of paper £0.04 not baaad! bought like 6 haha. They have an event there on tuesday for sstudents where they offer discounts and give out freebies so def gonna go to that too. Still on the look out for buying a kettle for my morning coffee instead of boiling water on the stove since most people here have their coffee filter machines but cbaa with that in the morning!
At night I went with Mandi and Sam to a house party at the university district...but on a saturday night literally every house is a party in this area. You could just walk into any and no one would really notice you didn't know the people living here...then head onto the next house. Yet again more people were like 'aw that's so cool you're from Scotland'...then 'do you have an accent? Let me hear you talk?' They all say I'm so lucky to get to go to Spain, Italy and stuff since a lot haven't been to Europe even that i've spoken to. But then its more expensive for them and say to them that for us its 3 hours max in a place then thats your summer hols going to these places. One guy when I said Miami, FL was my second choice he was like ohh you made a mistake you should have gone to Miami! But I think he's wrong...I don't think I could enjoy myself anymore in Miami than I am so far here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home