It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Target - after hours

Yesterday I went with Sam so she could buy morrre Halloween decorations haha and decorated the front garden with spider web...scarecrows..witches and spiders. Halloween is a really big holiday here and is pretty much celebrated the whole of October even though its still only Sept now wanted to get ahead of the game! We're going up to Cedar Point on 2nd October for a halloween weekend as they will have haunted houses in place for the month that aren't normally there. But some of the rides look pretttty scary!
In the afternoon I went up to campus to buy another book...$70 for not actually a textbook just a thick course booklet with a binder! Then checked out the Fisher business fair where the different business societies were promoting and picked up a leaflet for the business fraternity/sorority so going to go check out that meeting next week!
In the evening me and the roomies went to the cinema cos on a tuesday at this place its $5 for a film. And then inside the cinema you have a table infront of you with big fancy leather computer chairs and you order from a menu with proper meals not popcorn, nachos etc. So I had a philly cheesesteak sandwich and they bring you your food whilst the film is showing so you can eat it whilst watching :) The meal wasn't too expensive either so that was a film (The Switch 2nd time seeing it now) and a meal and drink for $21...about £14. We came back to the house to watch a bit of glee then headed back out again to Target which had an event for students only where there was freebies, music, drinks from 10.30pm-midnight. Bought a few more things I needed and stood in the huuuge queue but it moved pretty quickly. Bought a desk chair which I have successfully managed to assemble this morning :)
Sam had a small present for us all and it was name plaques she had made for us all with a big letter of our name and then decorations around it, it was really nice :) they are sitting on our living room wall.
Today my classes start so slightly nervous about how they will be just experiencing different teaching and ways of work. But excited at the same time to find out what it's like. Today I have introduction to homeland security (a little outside subject there) and Business Finance. I don't start til 1.30pm but my last lecture doesn't finish til 7.20pm and only have 2 hour break so don't know if its worth coming back. Might have work already which in that case to the library!
I'll try keep this updated from here on out but if you don't hear from me for a while then work has taken over my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home