It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Friday 26 November 2010

Mirror Laaaake!

Temperatures on tuesday night were almost at freezing and hit -1C at midnight when we jumped in! So we knew we had to get a lot of alcohol down us to drone out some of the cold! We played beer pong at ours then made our way to campus. Parked the car, stripped off to what we were jumping in with and then made a mad dash to Mirror Lake. We passed people running back from jumping in. There was just half naked bodies running all around campus shouting F*ck Michigan!! And high-fiving everyone! As soon as we got there we all found our way to the edge and jumped in. The water only comes up to your waist...wouldn't have liked that dirty water going anywhere near my face or hair! Must have lasted about 10-20 seconds in the water, came out and ran back to the car with Mandi and Marissa whilst the rest went to jump in again! Where my wet shorts were rubbing against my thighs was so sore, felt like icicles were forming on them! and I couldnt move my fingers brrrr so it was a task trying to undo my shoe laces and change into dry clothes back at the car. I was thankful we were only out in the cold for 15 mins or so. Hot water bottle was on the menu when I got in and headed straight to bed! People were able to stay in longer and splash about craaazy! 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home