It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Saturday 13 November 2010

A night at the Ballet

Friday afternoon I went to the area of Columbus called Short North. It's the area before you hit Downtown. I hadn't been there before but it's a nice area, a bit more upmarket. Had a wander around the kinda one-off boutique stores there with Sam. One in particular was good, is was a massive vintage thrift store that sold everything - clothes, furniture, house decor, accessories, telephones, and my favourite - old vintage xmas decorations! I could have had hours of fun trying on all the old dresses and ball gowns!
There were a few shops selling cute stuff for the home but quite expensive. One shop sold Turkish gifts which was quite unusual as not sure how big the turkish population is here! And one shop was just for dogs - those bags to carry your dogs around in, dog outfits, food you name it.
Managed to not spend a penny though apart from ice cream at http://jenisicecreams.com/. They had such unusual flavours and a big list of them too so had to ask to try a few before I decided which to get! In the end I went for Riesling poached pear which was theee best, sweet cream & elderberries and a safe choice of Vanilla honey bean. But tried 'sweet potato with marshmallows' which was actually quite tasty.
In the evening I went to the ballet performance of Dangerous Liasons with some of the exchange students. It was only $5 for student discount so thought was a perfect opportunity to see whether or not I enjoy ballet! And guess what - I did! Even though it was a bit tricky to follow the story since there was no dialect just dancing it was really good. Was quite a raunchy performance haha with a lot of dancing references to sex. Afterwards we headed to get some food in Downtown and ended up staying there chatting til 12.30am. Some were going on to smoke shisha at a bar but I took the chance to get a lift back with others going back to campus :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home