It's a party in the USA!

Spending my 3rd year of uni abroad in America at Ohio State University. This is just a little memoir of what I've been getting upto for those that are interested. Will try to keep it going but we will see after a month or so how that goes! Missing Edinburgh and everyone in it xxx

Sunday 7 November 2010

6th November

Hit up the mall today at Polaris after fuelling up with food at their food court - burger and fries of course. I'm still getting used to calling them fries and not chips because obviously chips here are crisps. The girls think crisps is a cool name though and more suiting. Also was the second time a cashier hasn't understood me when I say 'burger without tomato please'. I say tomato you say tomatoe if ya know what I mean....But I'm not changing the way I say tomato here so they'll just have to get used to it!
Was getting some ideas for xmas presents but not going to do my shopping til the day after thanksgiving called Black Friday. Which is the day for the best sales of the year kinda like our boxing day. So have planned with Sam and her mum to get there early and shop til we drop! Macy's opens up at 4am.... Invested in a new winter coat but I need to test it out first that it's really warm enough here or if I need to get something warmer! It would certainly do for Edinburgh but not here when the cold temperatues peak. Not looking forward to that AT ALL! And couldn't resist buying an item in Forever 21 I just love it too much. Navy lace body con dress for $13.50. Need I say more.

After going out for pizza with Sam and her family in Westerville, we went to her old high school's football game. Kick-off was 7pm so was dark and freeeezing. Felt wrapped up enough but when you are just sitting down you still shiver! Luckily we all had blankets to wrap round our legs so that helped a little. Was different seeing a high school american football game rather than college. They still all have their cheerleaders and marching band though so not totally different!

Once we got back home we went out to one of Mandi's work partys at someones house. They had punch going and a couple of kegs - one for doing keg stands in the kitchen! Played a game of beer pong with a guy there and we won against some girls. Love a bit of beer pong now haha still a hit or miss whether I'm good but I still like to try it out and see if im having a good day or not. It was just an average party but music was good (when the CD wasn't jumping!) and we stayed til 3am. But with the clocks turning back it was really 2am so hit Taco Bell on the way home. Enjoyed a nice long lie in sunday morning before catching up with the X-factor :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home